Dr Thomas Porter - Research
Tom is interested in all areas of political philosophy and ethics. His current research focuses on liberalism and the justification of political norms at both the domestic level and the global level, distributive justice and distributive principles, and the relations between morality and political principles.
Papers in progress
- 'Cosmopolitanism, background justice, and equality'
- 'On What Matters about Moral Luck'
- 'Preference Satisfaction as a Political Conception'
- 'The Cosmic Accident Argument'
- 'Full compliance in ideal theory'
- 'Moral norms and institutional norms'