Dr Richard Kingston - Postgraduate opportunities
Current PhD students
- Félix Aponte-González - Concerning Caribbean Climate Change and Vulnerabilities in Small Islands Cities. Co-supervisor Iain White.
- Isaiah Owiunji - Petroleum Development and Biodiversity Conservation in Protected Areas of the Alertine Graben in Uganda: Can They Co-exist? Ford Foundation. Co-supervisor: Carys Jones.
- Jessica Pineda-Zumaran - A spatial policy monitoring approach for the Latin American context. Co-supervisor Cecilia Wong.
- Moozhan Shakeri - online serious gaming as a tool for pariticpation in planning. Co-supervisor Yasminah Beebeejaun
- Seyedehsomayeh Taheri Moosavi - Social and Cultural Structures in Iran's Neighbourhoods
Past PhD students
- 2008 Ali Al-Sulbi - Ecological Impact Prediction of the Damman Metropolitan Area's Coastal Reclamation. Co-supervisor: Carys Jones.
- 2008 Cassie Wesolowski - Alternatives, Tiered Environmental Assessment and Decision-making in Radioactive Waste Management. Co-supervisor: Carys Jones. Funded by UK NDA
- 2009 Graham Squires - Understanding the Dynamics of Neighbourhood Change. Co-supervisor: Iain Deas. ESRC CASE award and Manchester City Council.
- 2009 Khitam Shriam - Educational Management Information Systems & PPGIS.
- 2010 Anna Gilchrist - Climate Changes, Species Migration and the Institutional Response. Co-supervisors: John Handley and Adam Barker. University Scholarship.
- 2011 Jenni Viitanen - Citizenship in the Electronically Networked City. ESRC CASE award and Manchester Digital Development Agency.
- 2011, Khai Zhou - Planning Support Systems for Sustainable Urban Regeneration. EPSRC, Co-supervisor: Joe Ravetz.
I am interested to hear from potential PhD students wishing to undertake research focused on PPGIS, Planning Support Systems, Smart Cities, e-Planning and e-Government.