Prof Graham Haughton - Postgraduate opportunities
I am happy to talk to potential students interested in undertaking research degrees in my broad areas of expertise. I currently supervise three PhD students at Manchester: Abbas Ziafati BafarasatI, Evelyn Bateman and Matthew Thompson. I have supervised 11 post graduate research students through to completion in the broad area of urban and regional development and planning. They are:
- David Haigh, Community Economic Development, 2008
- Maksudur Rahman: Urban environmental issues in Chittagong, Bangladesh, 2008
- Simon Bawakyillenuo: Solar photovoltaic energy and rural electrification in Ghana. 2007
- Felicity Powell ‘Social issues in regional planning’ PhD 2006
- Abdullah Al-Ahmadi, Geography of health care in Medina, PhD 2005
- Pat Collins, ‘Celtic Tiger: Ireland and the information society PhD 2004.
- Aidan While ‘Regional partnerships and economic development in England, PhD 2001
- Stephen Howlett ‘Labour markets, competitive tendering and local authorities’ PhD 2001
- David Counsell, ‘Sustainable development and development plans’ PhD, 1998.
- Gill Seyfang ‘LETS and sustainable development’ PhD 1998
- Mark Sage ‘Ethnic minorities and the West Yorkshire labour market’, MPhil, 1998