Dr Xiaobing Wang - Further information
- Topics in the Economic Development of China (postgraduate)
- The Chinese Economy (third-year undergraduate)
- Growth Development and Economic Transformation (postgraduate)
- Structural Change and Business Strategy (EMBA)
Research areas and Research topics for PhD applicants
Xiaobing Wang welcomes applications from students hoping to pursue doctoral studies in the area of Growth and Development and the Economics of China. He is interested in supervising both theoretical and empirical work.
- The theoretical work might be looking at structural change and long run economic development, Dual economy models, long run technological change and population growth.
- Or the theoretical work might focus on formalizing the experience of China as far as growth and transition are concerned (i.e. he is particularly keen to supervise the development of macroeconomic models that capture China?s experience).
- Empirical work would be in the area of labour market segmentation and integration in China, inequality and the urban-rural divide, and the welfare of those in the rural sector in China.
Topics of PhD theses currently under supervision:
- Corruption and development
- Poverty and venerability in rural China
- Agriculture and development
- Chinese labour migration