Dr Ursula Tidd - Personal details
* 1997: Ph D French , Department of French Studies, University of Birmingham, UK.
In my doctoral work, I focused on the autobiographical and philosophical writing of Simone de Beauvoir (1908-1986), with a particular focus on testimonial writing and how Beauvoir became 'author-ised' as a witness to much of twentieth century history. A revised and extended version of my PhD thesis was published by Cambridge University Press in 1999: Simone de Beauvoir, Gender and Testimony.
* 1987: M A French (Distinction), University of Reading, UK..
Present and Previous Appointments:
* 2005 -: Senior Lecturer in French, University of Manchester
* 2000 - 2005: Lecturer in French, University of Manchester
* 1995 - 2000: Lecturer in French, University of Salford