Dr Salvatore Campisi - Personal details
Education and qualifications
- I was awarded a PhD with a thesis on Hermann Hesse from the University of Salford in 2011(see above).
- I graduated in literature and foreign languages (English and German) from the University of Catania in 2004.
- As an Erasmus student, I attended courses (History of Music, German, Language Didactics, English literature) and passed related exams at the University of Bayreuth, Germany (S.S. 2003).
- I achieved a diploma in music theory from the Istituto Musicale “Vincenzo Bellini” di Caltanissetta, Italy (1990).
Previous positions held
- Part-time lector in Italian at the Univesity of Salford (2005-2007). I taught oral, written, and translation (Eng>Ita) classes for first and second year students (both ab initio and post A–level). I also taught the MA-level business interpreting module with Dr. Gillian Ania (2007-2008).
- Graduate teaching assistant at the University of Catania (2004-2005). I liaised with Emanuela E. Abbadessa, former lecturer of History of Music at the University of Catania, in organising seminars (La storia cantata, 2004), examining undergraduates and editing her book, Ho un sassolino nella scarpa. “Leggerezze” e “pesantezze” tra suoni e visioni (Catania: Bonanno, 2005).
Other relevant appointments